Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Bronx Tale


I just saw A BRONX TALE with Chaz Palminteri, his one-man show, which was made into the well known movie by the same name starring Robert Deniro. The actor lives the part—or parts of the wonderful characters in this play. Amazing and brave performance, taking me right to that neighborhood making the gangster and his crew, the kid, and all of Belmont Avenue fill the stage.

A few words from an interview with Mr. Palminteri about why he wrote A BRONX TALE:

My father said, 'What a waste of talent.' He always said to me, 'The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.' He wrote it on a little card and put it in my room. It was something I would see every day, I kept it there, and I think it's kind of what made me do what I did, to write this movie and do this.

2 comments:

Rachel Hamby said...

Hello! Thanks for adding a link to myvblog. I have to do the same. A project for next week. :)

ann malaspina said...

Sounds like a great show - the movie was good, too, but then anything with Robert Deniro is on my favorites list.